12.27.2012

An open letter to an airywoman

As Filipinos, it's been a tradition to give gifts to our loved ones, friends and what not during Christmas. It's part of the essence of Filipino Christmas that has been in practice for over a century, I bet.

Be it a little something or a grand big thing. But giving gifts just for the sake of giving is another story.

I don't understand what kind of thinking those people have in mind. Don't they realize that what they give is a reflection of their personality.

Let's put it this way: "if you give something trash-ish, then you're more like it than the person you're giving it".

Don't give gifts to belittle someone. Or cos' you think Its the only thing they deserved. Please have a second thought.

I personally choose the gifts im giving away. putting myself in their shoes to see if they'll like it or not. To received a trash-ish gift is like a slap on my face. I would rather not receive gift than having to have been given another trash to throw.

It
Is
Not
A
Gift

It's a trash.

Don't get me wrong. My happiness is simple. I appreciated the gifts that's been given to me, just so I know it comes from the heart!

Lovelove

No comments:

Post a Comment