11.13.2011

pretty princess

Here is the video of the announcement of the 7 unofficial list of new natural wonders of the world. Will be confirmed early of 2012.





Still, I couldn't hide my excitement. I know, PPC will make it to the new 7 natural wonders of the world official list. I've witnessed the beauty of Puerto Princesa's subterranean river thrice, and still ended up myself amazed when just merely looking at the pictures thru intraweb. How those stones are form, blahblahblah.  I couldn't get anymore proud of my hometown even it's not yet confirmed. Making it on a probationary list was already an achievement.


Though I'd share to you my Underground river experienced,


My first visit was 1999, when Underground river was just hit by a storm. The corals were scattered to pieces at the seashore and most shells died and washed on the shore. But, the Beauty still shines.


second, was in 2001. The river recovered from its traumatizing past. no more dead corals and shells. The water is all blue and clear. and,


third, 2009.



underground's port
taken during my last visit on the river (2009) with family



boat


you'll be welcome with a signboard


and, you'll be accompanied by a.... Monkey!:) and bayawaks.
lots of monkey and bayawak, actually.
piece of advice, never let your food be off guard or you will go home with an empty stomach


read the sign?


the mouth


OOW to the inside


"SHARON STONE"
this was the only clear photo I can post, the rest were all blurred. saree


boat parking


Do visit our own nature's wealth. You'll never regret. 

Bus fare: 200 (2009) from san jose-new market 
travel hours: 3hours
boat: 1,750 (2009)
boat tour: approximately 45 mins (FYI: you can't go on the full 8kilometer river ride unless you're a professional diver) 

*They do honor student discounts. So, bring your ID's. HA

No comments:

Post a Comment