10.06.2011

schools can be mighty demanding

Earlier today, I did some math for which Med school I am going to spend the next 4 or 5 maybe 6 years of my life as a MedStudent. Yday, my friend--Leigh--and I, did some school hopping around manila and those includes: University of the East Ramon Magsaysay, Pamantasan ng lungsod ng Maynila, University of Santo Tomas and, St. Lukes collge of medicine. Amongst occupied the Tops 1 to 4 spot as the most prestigious MedSchool in the Philippines. 


What more can you expect more than a high-standard rule? Well, Who doesn't want to study in the best school anywaysz.


I crossed out St. Lukes on the list first, guilty I am, but I know my capabilities. The NMAT requirement was too high--90%, although not a major requirement but they will prioritize students who got 90% and above at NMAT, but hello? what's the difference) than what my instincts telling me I am going to get. Whether or not, I'll try my luck, it will be just resulting to a dead neurons. Luke's at top 5--iThink--with a passing rate of 90-something% last 8/11.


Nevertheless, My dream MedSchool, since since, was UE. The NMAT requirement was pretty high--65%-- but not as high as the sky and the requirements are not as pressurizing than Luke's. But, wait, I can never really tell, unless, well. Warrior's at top 3 with 96%--if I am not mistaken--passing rate last august 2011.


PLM seconded on my list. According to a close friend of mine, the standards we're like at UP only the NMAT requirement is 54% less. It's 45%, to be exact. It's a public school with a great quality of teaching--I never experience literally, though-- which puts them at top 4 spot with a passing rate of 95ish-something% last august 2011. Sadly, I am not qualified with their "whom can apply" for reasons I will not say. too embarrassing to share via intrawebs. It saddened me.


On my Third spot, the UST. I may not be a fan of tigers in other fields, but, in nursing or medicine&sugery?? wow, I'm bowed!!!! The woman in the counter said they do not have an NMAT requirement as long as you passed it, but, I checked the USTs medicine&surgery site, and I've read the pamphlet she gave me, it states that 80% is the required NMAT result. omigossh. Where in the world will I get those freakin' numbers??? Not only that, the other requirements were getting my pressure's up. Tomas is at top 2 with a 98ish-something% last 8/11. It only shows.


When it's time to come home, you'll know. San Beda College of Medicine crossed my mind. They're just new in science fields but they are making their name known. Some said, Beda is not so strict when it comes to NMATs percentage. But, they do kick-out students who failed to meet the desired card numbers, no mercy imposed in other words, no summer classes offered, in laymans. gosh. What'll I do?


I will take up NMAT this December 2011. And, I haven't start reviewing just yet. It feels like I am relieving something happened before. I will try to keep my pressure on teh ground for cupcakessake. I am really hoping I will be qualified for UE, but, a part of me, wants at Beda--the homey feeling I guess--.


Thoughts I thought to share at 01:30am.


ciao!


PS: "no other woman" slightly lightened the mood. Hooray for the big stars. another popoy&basha in a different aspect. We watched just right after the longggggggggg walks.


"There is no other woman better than I am"
watched with Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment